Friday 18 March 2011

Making the trainer

I followed the tutorial at http://www.gabrieleprotti.com/PAGES/tutorial/scarpa/makingoftheshoe.htm

I started out with a cube, and used extrude and bevel to create the basic shape. I then moved the vertices until it formed the shape of the shoe.

1

I began working on the inside of the trainer by selecting the inside polygons and bevelling/extruding down and inwards.

2

Once I reached the end of the shoe, I removed the top part of the shoe where the tongue would be shown. I created new polygons to fill in the gaps.

I selected the final polygon and cut it in half. From this, I extruded/bevelled along the top inside of the shoe. This continued until it reached the top, where I enlarged it to form the end of the tongue.

3

I selected various areas and defined their material IDs, so it would be simple to add a texture.

5

I added a turbosmooth modifier, and used an FFD (Box) to alter the shape to make it look more like a trainer.

7

To remove the FFD (Box) from the scene, I took a snapshot of the mesh, and deleted the original.

8

No comments:

Post a Comment