Sunday 6 March 2011

Blob animation testing

After creating my model, I needed to find out what was the best method of animating it.

Bone structure

After trying various tutorials and techniques, I decided that this method didn’t give me the type of movement and control that I required for my animation. The movement needs to be more liquid than rigid.

Reactor soft body

After deciding that my blob would be closer to jelly than solid, I searched for jelly tutorials and found one that used reactor and soft body.

While this showed promise at first, as soon as I turned the settings up to what I needed, the animation went haywire and flew off the screen. It obviously wasn't designed for the geometry of the model I am using.

Deformable FFD (Box)

This spacewarp proved to be the best out of the three, allowing me to have simple controls by having only a few box segments, and more advanced by increasing the segments. It allowed me to control all aspects and gave the right flexibility of movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment