Thursday 17 March 2011

Making the cake

I started out by using a spline to draw the shape of the cake’s base. I converted this into an editable poly, and extruded upwards to form the body of the cake. I left edges in the middle to show where the filling would be.

For the cream detail on the edge, I took a sphere, converted it into an editable poly and collapsed the top to form the outer ring. I cloned this, scaled and rotated to form the inner ring. I added a sphere in the middle to finish it off, and used the boolean tool to join it all together.

1

To create a bite in the cake, I created an imprint using cylinders, scaled and bent to create teeth marks, and proboolean to put it together. Once it was finished, I cloned it and used boolean to subtract it from the cake. 

2

Next, I used UVW Unwrap to create the texture for the cake.

3

And the finished model.

4

No comments:

Post a Comment